JazzMan

Default What is this analyzer?

Figured I'd ask here as well as anywhere. Manufacturer's name
is Millennium Systems, Inc., model number A02-D2-02-XX-XX.
Here's a pic: http://www.fierocentral.com/images/misc/rca_0171.jpg

It was given to me, I mainly wanted it for the two ZIFF sockets,
but before I dismantle it I wanted to see if it had any
historical significance. I can supply more detail pics if
needed.

Thanks!

JazzMan
Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Curse those darned bulk e-mailers!
Travis Jordan

JazzMan wrote:
Figured I'd ask here as well as anywhere. Manufacturer's name

It is a MicroSystem Analyzer manufactured by Millennium Systems Inc.,
Cupertino, CA around 1979.

It attaches to the processor of a microprocessor under evaluation and is
used to observe and display data associated with its operation. It has a
limited ability to influence program content and execution. I don't
know what microprocessors it supported (think 1978-80 timeframe).

JazzMan

Travis Jordan wrote:

JazzMan wrote:
Figured I'd ask here as well as anywhere. Manufacturer's name

It is a MicroSystem Analyzer manufactured by Millennium Systems Inc.,
Cupertino, CA around 1979.

It attaches to the processor of a microprocessor under evaluation and is
used to observe and display data associated with its operation. It has a
limited ability to influence program content and execution. I don't
know what microprocessors it supported (think 1978-80 timeframe).

Ok, sounds proprietary and obscure enough to not have any
particular value. I'll be stripping it out for parts over the
next few days.

Thanks!

JazzMan
Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Curse those darned bulk e-mailers!
James Sweet

"JazzMan" wrote in message
Travis Jordan wrote:

JazzMan wrote:
Figured I'd ask here as well as anywhere. Manufacturer's name

It is a MicroSystem Analyzer manufactured by Millennium Systems Inc.,
Cupertino, CA around 1979.

It attaches to the processor of a microprocessor under evaluation and is
used to observe and display data associated with its operation. It has a
limited ability to influence program content and execution. I don't
know what microprocessors it supported (think 1978-80 timeframe).

Ok, sounds proprietary and obscure enough to not have any
particular value. I'll be stripping it out for parts over the
next few days.

Thanks!

Might wanna see if anyone wants it first, I don't know if it has any value
as a unit but the pair of zif sockets is only worth about $10.

JazzMan

James Sweet wrote:

"JazzMan" wrote in message
Travis Jordan wrote:

JazzMan wrote:
Figured I'd ask here as well as anywhere. Manufacturer's name

It is a MicroSystem Analyzer manufactured by Millennium Systems Inc.,
Cupertino, CA around 1979.

It attaches to the processor of a microprocessor under evaluation and is
used to observe and display data associated with its operation. It has a
limited ability to influence program content and execution. I don't
know what microprocessors it supported (think 1978-80 timeframe).

Ok, sounds proprietary and obscure enough to not have any
particular value. I'll be stripping it out for parts over the
next few days.

Thanks!

Might wanna see if anyone wants it first, I don't know if it has any value
as a unit but the pair of zif sockets is only worth about $10.

Any idea who might want something like this? I'd happily trade it
for a few parts like the ZIF sockets. I was rummaging through
the bag o' stuff that came with it and it has pods for both
an 8048 and 6802 processors. I assume the former is Intel and
the latter Motorola.

JazzMan
Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Curse those darned bulk e-mailers!

James Sweet

"JazzMan" wrote in message
James Sweet wrote:

"JazzMan" wrote in message
Travis Jordan wrote:

JazzMan wrote:
[...]

That does sound pretty old and obscure, not sure what all used those CPU's.
At any rate it looks like a fairly neat package, you could build something
interesting out of it.

Michael A. Terrell

JazzMan wrote:

Any idea who might want something like this? I'd happily trade it
for a few parts like the ZIF sockets. I was rummaging through
the bag o' stuff that came with it and it has pods for both
an 8048 and 6802 processors. I assume the former is Intel and
the latter Motorola.

JazzMan

E-bay.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
JazzMan

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

JazzMan wrote:

Any idea who might want something like this? I'd happily trade it
for a few parts like the ZIF sockets. I was rummaging through
the bag o' stuff that came with it and it has pods for both
an 8048 and 6802 processors. I assume the former is Intel and
the latter Motorola.

JazzMan

E-bay.

Too much trouble. I'd have to open an account there, and
new sellers rarely get a price worth handling something
this heavy.