Junior Member

Default Sony KP43T75 power problems

I have a KP43T75 that has been working great for about 4 years now until this week. I noticed a little bit of color distortion every once in awhile for a few days and then last night it just buzzed for a couple seconds and then shut off. It would not turn on at all. I cycled the power and now it clicks like it will turn on but then the STANDBY light just blinks 4 times. I've talked to a couple repair shops and they say its most likely the power supply, but they want $250-$450 to repair it. Any tips on doing it myself. I imagine its just some transisters and what not that need to be replaced on the board. I'm sure I could do it myself, but I just need some pointers. Let me know.

Thanks,
Matt