steve ray

Default Sony KV-35V68 problem: screen cuts off

First time posting here, not sure what the netiquette is.

I have a Sony model KV-35V68. Has a 32 in. screen. The problem is that
the picture/screen cuts out. sound is fine and when the picture/screen
is working it is is fine also. It does this in a flaky manner:
sometimes cuts out in 5 mins , 1/2 hr, 10 mins.... lately its cutting
off in less than ten minutes. this seems to be a common problem with
many sony sets I see for sale and/or being given away. So my
question(s) is(are) I'm wondering if this is a "classic" problem ( sort
of like loose shift-linkage on old chevy trucks) that someone on this
group might know the answer for? and if not could I get some ideas on
what it might be? and where i might find some info
(schematics,weblinks,faqs) to fix it.

RonKZ650

Probably bad solder connections on the vert output IC. I'd bet against
a bad CRT on the 35" sony.