news.rcn.com

Default Need screen for 12 inch Powerbook

I just got this 12 inch 1GHz G4 with a heavily broken screen which someone
had presumably discovered costs too much to fix at Apple and threw in my
direction, not particularly expensively

Is there anywhere I can buy the screen from some Samsung
distributor or would it have the wrong connector cables on it? Has anyone
ever done this?

Screens which come up on EBay seem to fetch inordinately high prices as the
12.1
is now and end-of-life item and has been so for quite a few years.

Has no one tracked which model this is and where it can be bought as a part
and whether the connectors are standard? There are detailed instructions on
line telling you how to do the replacement.

Jaco Electronics weren't particularly keen on telling me and Samsung claimed
not to know (they said Apple buys them all from Korea and Samsung America
don't get involved which seemed like the brush off to me as it Seemed like a
reason to sell me one not a reason NOT to tell me which one it is?)

I have seen it described as a generic 12.1 inch screen which can have a
Samsung part number LTN121S6-T01 (this
might be a 15 inch screen which isn't so end-of-life) or indeed a Philips
part number. I am sure Apple would like to pretend it was, but does anyone
know if the screen
on a 1 GHz Powerbook was designed specially for this new unit for Apple?

Jerry G.

You will have to find a scrapper like yours that has a good screen. The only
source is the name brand manufacture. These are not universally made to fit
under substitute names or part numbers.

--

Jerry G.
======

"news.rcn.com" news.rnc.com wrote in message
[...]

news.rcn.com

". These are not universally made to fit
under substitute names or part numbers.

So what are the guys on ebay offering (eg) the Samsung LTN121S6-T01
(supposedly for the same computer) offering? Is it the same part with
different connectors?

JMK

jankro (@) saunalahti (.) fi
Please notice my new address!

[...]

eBay is a very good source for cheap functioning LCD's.
I get most of my displays from there.

Jan
Finland

news.rcn.com

What I cant figure out is whether it is an LTN12X1-L02
or not: They seem to fetch nothing when described by the Samsung part number
(said to have been pulled from a working G4) and about $250 when described
by the Apple descriptor.

Are the connectors different and non-replaceable?

Jamie

news.rcn.com wrote:

[...]

use it for a paper weight.
the screen will cost you more than the