Jerry G.

You will have to find a scrapper like yours that has a good screen. The only
source is the name brand manufacture. These are not universally made to fit
under substitute names or part numbers.

--

Jerry G.
======

"news.rcn.com" news.rnc.com wrote in message
I just got this 12 inch 1GHz G4 with a heavily broken screen which someone
had presumably discovered costs too much to fix at Apple and threw in my
direction, not particularly expensively

Is there anywhere I can buy the screen from some Samsung
distributor or would it have the wrong connector cables on it? Has anyone
ever done this?

Screens which come up on EBay seem to fetch inordinately high prices as the
12.1
is now and end-of-life item and has been so for quite a few years.

Has no one tracked which model this is and where it can be bought as a part
and whether the connectors are standard? There are detailed instructions on
line telling you how to do the replacement.

Jaco Electronics weren't particularly keen on telling me and Samsung claimed
not to know (they said Apple buys them all from Korea and Samsung America
don't get involved which seemed like the brush off to me as it Seemed like a
reason to sell me one not a reason NOT to tell me which one it is?)

I have seen it described as a generic 12.1 inch screen which can have a
Samsung part number LTN121S6-T01 (this
might be a 15 inch screen which isn't so end-of-life) or indeed a Philips
part number. I am sure Apple would like to pretend it was, but does anyone
know if the screen
on a 1 GHz Powerbook was designed specially for this new unit for Apple?