Paul Brooks

Default Panasonic TX32DK1

Hi everyone in the UK.
Is there an Engineer out there who happens to have a TX32DK1 on his bench at
the moment?????
You won't believe this one!!
In the good old days I could have solved this one by putting a message on
the good old engineers bully board but since the demise of the Viewdata
system Pana don't seem to have got going again in this way. Perhaps they
don't want us to talk to each other as it might be dangerous?
We had one of these come in with a low emission CRT. After much wrangling
with Customer Services we managed to get them to honour the CRT provided the
Customer pays us for the labour. Fine, no problem.
Ordered replacement CRT. Substitute came in and when checked with Pana Tech
it is a direct substitute. Changed CRT after a couple of black coffees and
pinching my hands under the CRT rim (ouch!)
Reconnect all leads to chassis. Went to connect scan coil leads - not
supplied with new CRT. Needed to change them across from old CRT. Made note
of connections to scan coil. Unsoldered the old scan coilleads. Knocked off
for the day with the idea of connecting the scan coil leads to the new CRT
the following morning. Came in the following morning and whoops, where's my
bit of paper?? No problem, looked it up on the CD Rom - oh dear - scanned in
version and the scan coil connections were not in the cct diagram or in fact
anywhere in the svc manual. Contacted Pana Tech. Absolutely no clues.
Suggested they wandered into their Workshop and copied down the connections
from a set in their Workshop. Don't see old CRT's anymore - too busy
climbing all over big LCD and Plasmas!
There's got to be someone out there who's got one in the Workshop at the
moment. If so, would be very grateful for colours left to right (looking at
the back of the CRT ). Scan coil has 5 pins, Pins 1,2,3 and 5 are the
connections with pin 4 being used for a couple of resistors - that bit I can
remember!

Many thanks

Paul

Franc Zabkar

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 07:07:30 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Brooks"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

[...]

You should be able to determine which two pins connect to the same
winding. All that's left is to determine which pair are H and which
are V, and their polarity. A resistance comparison between old and new
scan coils may be enough to identify H&V, else an inductance test may
be more conclusive. Incorrect polarity will cause no harm, but will be
evident from the picture.

- Franc Zabkar
Paul

Hi Franc,
That's the easy bit!!
The difficulty is the two little resistors!!
No sign in the service manual as they were not installed by Panasonic but by
LG/Philips in the course of construction of the crt. I know the frame and
line scan coil connections as you can do tht by resistance measurement. The
trick is to know which one of the two line scan connections to connect to
which pin and likewise the frame scan. Sneaky isn't it?
That's why the plea to anyone whose got one on his bench and the relevant
colour wires to stick on which pin! (easy way out and in fact probably the
only way out!)
Regards
Paul