Chris F.

Default Zenith TV Flickering OSD

Got this Z27X22 in for repairs the other day. You guessed it, one of those
ones with the crappy CRT's. This set however had a shorted (and badly
burned) HV cap across the HOT (CX231). Replacing it fixed the set, and it
worked fine while I ran it all day. Tried it again this morning, and now the
OSD keeps flickering on and off very quickly, at random times. The functions
all work normally, but the display just keeps flashing on and off like an
erratic strobe light. Is it possible that the arcing capacitor caused some
stress in the LV areas, or is there some simple problem I should look for
instead?