Alvin

Default help please burned motherboard for a ray

i has a motheboard aopen 915i, one day one bif storm walk aroun my house,
all the light off, and my pc dead.
i turn on but itīs donīt work, i check the power unit and itīs ok, the
procesador it ok, but the motherboard dead, this motherboard has 2 led and
the power led light very few when conect ac power to the power unit, but the
start botton donīt work.

i read that this motherboard has electronic protection but i donīt know
were.

please, some body help me to repair, it has 1 month and itīs very expensive
motherboard.

Art

Alvin: According to your post the item was damaged during some type of
Electrical Storm, possible with the effect of Lightning??
The possibility of actually repairing this type of damage would need to be
done by a professional that has the tools and materials to attempt
repairing the multi-layer assembly. nominal repairs regarding these items
are addressed by replacing the motherboard, memory, and cpu. May actually
also require the power supply mainly because this is the first item
probably affected, even if it may check "good".
Sorry to give you all of this at one shot. Best to have it professionally
checked out to determine exactly what you will need.

.. .