purtnoy

Default Motherboard caps

Just replaced all the 2700 micr 6.3 volts, with 3300 mic 16 volt caps
(the 3300 caps are twice as big around,(does that matter?) had to
solder longer legs to raise them up, so they can fit without shorting
them out. replaced a few other smaller caps also...........still the
same as before, when I hook the power supply to the motherboard, 2 red
lights glow on the motherboard, the CPU fan turns, power supply fan
turns. when I hookup the monitor to the video card,the screen will
not come on, green light just flashes, (monitor is good works with
other computer) video card is good, and the ram is good.
Antoine Deschênes

purtnoy a écrit :
Just replaced all the 2700 micr 6.3 volts, with 3300 mic 16 volt caps
(the 3300 caps are twice as big around,(does that matter?) had to
solder longer legs to raise them up, so they can fit without shorting
them out. replaced a few other smaller caps also...........still the
same as before, when I hook the power supply to the motherboard, 2 red
lights glow on the motherboard, the CPU fan turns, power supply fan
turns. when I hookup the monitor to the video card,the screen will
not come on, green light just flashes, (monitor is good works with
other computer) video card is good, and the ram is good.

Sometimes there's a poor connection between mainboard and ram or Video
card and ram. Try with an other card. Or, maybe because the bigger caps
take more time to charge, the video card can't take it. Try to power on,
wait and reset.

Harvey

"purtnoy" wrote in message
om...
Just replaced all the 2700 micr 6.3 volts, with 3300 mic 16 volt caps
(the 3300 caps are twice as big around,(does that matter?) had to
solder longer legs to raise them up, so they can fit without shorting
them out. replaced a few other smaller caps also...........still the
same as before, when I hook the power supply to the motherboard, 2 red
lights glow on the motherboard, the CPU fan turns, power supply fan
turns. when I hookup the monitor to the video card,the screen will
not come on, green light just flashes, (monitor is good works with
other computer) video card is good, and the ram is good.

Is the CPU getting warm?

James Sweet

"purtnoy" wrote in message
om...
Just replaced all the 2700 micr 6.3 volts, with 3300 mic 16 volt caps
(the 3300 caps are twice as big around,(does that matter?) had to
solder longer legs to raise them up, so they can fit without shorting
them out. replaced a few other smaller caps also...........still the
same as before, when I hook the power supply to the motherboard, 2 red
lights glow on the motherboard, the CPU fan turns, power supply fan
turns. when I hookup the monitor to the video card,the screen will
not come on, green light just flashes, (monitor is good works with
other computer) video card is good, and the ram is good.

It's possible something else fried on the board when the caps failed.