Default Yoke Adjustment

I've been working on a few ATT 705s at work (they are monochrome
terminals that emulate a few different types of terminals, but they are
so ancient, I can only guess that those would be Wyse and VT100 and the
like). The major problem with them, aside from the screen burn, is one
corner or side is 'pulled' in or up, creating uneven lines of text.
I've adjusted the yoke, moved 'magnets,' and still can not get anything
straight or at 90 degree angles.

Any suggestions?

Replace the bad capacitors in the deflection and power supply circuits.
Then degauss the unit.

Replace the bad capacitors in the deflection and power supply

circuits.
Then degauss the unit.

Considering we have quite a 'few' of these units, it might
easier/quicker to switch boards out. The tube is the most precious
thing, and if it's something on the PCB, I'd rather swap 'em out.

Thanks!

Lets see. ALL of them are going to be old and likely have the SAME
failing capacitors, troubleshoot it ONE time, fix many different units.
Swapping out a board will not change any magnetism that is in the tube
or surrounding structures. You might want to re-think what you are
planning on doing to "fix" the issue.

Samsung projector tv, how I locate a bad yoke? Jason D. Electronics Repair 2 January 25th 05 12:56 AM
On lateral adjustment, Bailey planes Australopithecus scobis Woodworking 11 September 9th 04 10:16 PM
Fixed a noisy yoke Michael A. Covington Electronics Repair 12 August 17th 04 09:18 AM
Yoke buzz Art Electronics Repair 0 July 6th 04 11:07 AM
Silicone - Yoke Trimming magnet Jerry Greenberg Electronics Repair 2 August 13th 03 06:10 AM