Martin Klein

Default Tektronix 2215A Service Manual

Hi.

I need to repair a Tektronix 2215A. Can anyone send me the service manual?

Thanks in advance.

Martin
tekman

Martin Klein wrote:
Hi.

I need to repair a Tektronix 2215A. Can anyone send me the service

manual?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

What is the problem with your 2215A?
Is the power supply not working? Tehn google, fault topic is covered
many times.

Other problem? Then let us know more about it.

hth,
Andreas

Martin Klein

tekman wrote:
Martin Klein wrote:

Hi.

I need to repair a Tektronix 2215A. Can anyone send me the service

manual?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

What is the problem with your 2215A?
Is the power supply not working? Tehn google, fault topic is covered
many times.

Other problem? Then let us know more about it.

hth,
Andreas

The display only shows a signal when pressing the "Find beam" button.
Otherwise there is no output.
I think that the horizotal deflection is not working.
I've got a Service Manual for the 2215 but the layout seems to be
different.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Martin
Jim Adney

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:59:17 +0100 Martin Klein
wrote:

tekman wrote:

Martin Klein wrote:

I need to repair a Tektronix 2215A. Can anyone send me the service

What is the problem with your 2215A?
Is the power supply not working? Tehn google, fault topic is covered
many times.

Other problem? Then let us know more about it.

The display only shows a signal when pressing the "Find beam" button.
Otherwise there is no output.
I think that the horizotal deflection is not working.
I've got a Service Manual for the 2215 but the layout seems to be
different.

Is the beam intensity turned way down?

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Martin Klein

wrote:

tekman wrote:

Martin Klein wrote:

I need to repair a Tektronix 2215A. Can anyone send me the service

What is the problem with your 2215A?
Is the power supply not working? Tehn google, fault topic is covered
many times.

Other problem? Then let us know more about it.

The display only shows a signal when pressing the "Find beam" button.
Otherwise there is no output.
I think that the horizotal deflection is not working.
I've got a Service Manual for the 2215 but the layout seems to be
different.

Is the beam intensity turned way down?

No, of course not. :-)

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA

Jim Yanik

Martin Klein wrote in -
kl.de:

You could remove the scope case,and examine the area where the CRT neck
leads connect to the main PCB;that gives you the general area of the
horizontal output amp,and you can also check top see if a H CRT lead fell
off the CRT neck pin,which happened often enough.

The same goes for the vertical deflection.

Red and green for horizontal,brown and blue for vertical deflection leads
to the CRT.

Then you can use another scope to check for the proper sweep ramp and DC
potentials on both CRT leads.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik . wrote in
:

Martin Klein wrote in
- kl.de:

You could remove the scope case,and examine the area where the CRT
neck leads connect to the main PCB;that gives you the general area of
the horizontal output amp,and you can also check top see if a H CRT
lead fell off the CRT neck pin,which happened often enough.

The same goes for the vertical deflection.

Red and green for horizontal,brown and blue for vertical deflection
leads to the CRT.

Then you can use another scope to check for the proper sweep ramp and
DC potentials on both CRT leads.

Addendum;
For a vertical check,you can short the CRT neck pins.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik