Default New TV

Our 15 year old Panasonic CTM2778S is getting tired and dim.

I guess it's time to get another one and am looking for some guidance.

Can you all tell me your top three 27" or 32" TV choices for
reliability/features, etc?
I'm not going the LCD or Plasma route now. I just want flat tube
technology.

I'm in the US and have the usual stores to choose from.

Also, what mfrs should I stay away from?

I googled (with few exact hits) and saw some recent threads similar to my
question
but still want the group's responses in one thread.

TIA
Mike

Travis Jordan

M wrote:
Can you all tell me your top three 27" or 32" TV choices for
reliability/features, etc?

4:3 or 16:9?

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
M wrote:
Can you all tell me your top three 27" or 32" TV choices for
reliability/features, etc?

4:3 or 16:9?

Probably 4:3. Isn't 16:9 more expensive?

Art

Panasonic still makes some nice products, so does Sharp, Sony, and quite a
few other manufacturers. Also there are the new Flat Panel Teles available
now. May actually want to take a walk-about through some of the retailer
outlets and actually see what is available at your budget limitations. May
also try some of the retailer's web site like circuitcity.com , bestbuy.com
, walmart.com , etc. then at least you will have a bit more information than
what may be garnered via the news groups.