Junior Member

Default RCA CTC 197CE2 not working

Hello,
My RCA TV CTC 197CE2 was clicking three times and than shutting off. I read on another thread to change the flyback transformer. I did this and now when I plug in the TV it sounds like it is chirping at me and it will not turn on. Does anyone know what I should replace next? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Todd

RonKZ650

Also yokes can go bad. I've had quite a few. The CTC197 isn't the best
chassis RCA has made I'm afraid.

Art

After all that you may consider checking the E-Prom via the Chipper Checker.
If that data is corrupted then service the tuner reference points.
"RonKZ650" wrote in message
oups.com...
Also yokes can go bad. I've had quite a few. The CTC197 isn't the best
chassis RCA has made I'm afraid.

Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I removed the H.O.T and tested it and it is shorted so I will need another one. Also, with the H.O.T removed I plugged in the TV and it is still chirping at me. I don't know what the "yokes "are and I do not have a chipper-checker. Please advise.

Thanks Todd

Art

There is probably some other type of excessive load on the power supply
causing the chirping sound. Will take a bit more investigation as to
actually what may be loading that circuitry. May want to check into the
reapirfag.org site and try the tips referred to there. If totally out of
your league the next bet would be to take it to a repair facility.
"tcb2332" wrote in message

Thanks for the info. I removed the H.O.T and tested it and it is shorted
so I will need another one. Also, with the H.O.T removed I plugged in
the TV and it is still chirping at me. I don't know what the "yokes
"are and I do not have a chipper-checker. Please advise.

Thanks Todd

--
tcb2332

Junior Member

Thanks for your help everyone. Turns out I had the wrong flyback.( They have different models depending on the screen size). Changed the flyback and the H.O.T and the TV is working again. After reading about how crappy RCA's are I will never be buying another one.

Thanks Again Todd