Michael J. Linden, N9BDF

Default Tek 2236 Scope: Repairing Vertical Dial Numbering

The vertical attenuator dial voltage numbers are flaking off of the
plastic disks that are attached to the knobs of my Tektronix 2236 scope.
Any ideas as to how to repair these numbers? They are on the back side of
the knob's clear plastic disks, so normal dry transfer numbering would be
backwards. I was thinking the best solution may just be to correct the
numbers with an ultra-fine point permanent marker and then apply a glossy
clear coat to prevent future problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Michael N9BDF

Jim Yanik

"Michael J. Linden, N9BDF" wrote in
:

The vertical attenuator dial voltage numbers are flaking off of the
plastic disks that are attached to the knobs of my Tektronix 2236
scope. Any ideas as to how to repair these numbers? They are on the
back side of the knob's clear plastic disks, so normal dry transfer
numbering would be backwards. I was thinking the best solution may
just be to correct the numbers with an ultra-fine point permanent
marker and then apply a glossy clear coat to prevent future problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Michael N9BDF

Print up a paper decal using your PC and a graphics program and affix that
to the back of the knob skirt.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

What Jim Yanik said might even look a little better printed on a
transparency with a laser.
GG

tekman

It definetely does. look better. So, that's a very professional way to
restore the numbers on the knob skirt.

A more "nasty-but-fast" way: Use a black fine pitch pen,
non-water-soluble. Usually in the old times used for overhead projector
presentations, etc. Now nearly obsolete in the days of laptop
powerpoint presentations ;-)

And with handwriting (no shivering please), the results are at least
acceptable.

hth,
Andreas