Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jamie

Default stupidity

to be a nice guy, this morning i loan out a
FT-757GX radio while i repair this persons
older 520 rig.
we did the usually ham radio get to gether
on saturday mornings, i plugged in my truck
(since i had already a lighter plug on it) to
show this person how to use it.
aprox 4 hours later, i get an e-mail telling
me that his friend and him just got around to
hooking it up on a 30 amp+ supply in the house which
he had to remove the lighter plug to do so which i
knew about that and oked. he claims that every thing was
connected properly and checked before hitting the power
switch. results, "Snap"+"Smoke"
you tell me!
even though he is trying to make out like nothing was
done wrong, i think i have some money coming my way.
i am willing to bet that they separated the fuse sockets to
make it easy to connect to the supply getting the polarity
wrong or, the supply they are using has a voltage regulator
problem.
either way, i think i have smoke rig. i know the rig well
and i can now picture the Audio amp ic and maybe the Finals out in
left field. and maybe even some filter caps along with what ever
else that didn't hold up.