Junior Member

Question Need Schematic...Sony STR DE535 ???

I have gone through so many "threads" and discussion forums to try to find a schematic for the Sony STR DE535???
My problem is I was Playing my Sony Stereo,and switched to CD Mode,and it DID play for about 2-Seconds and went completely "Dead"*except a couple of "Panel" lights,BUT NO "Display Screen" lite up???I opened it up to find it had "Blown" (2)both 8-amp fuses on the power supply board.I replaced these fuses, then JUST PLUGGED-IN THE AC Cord into the wall & "POP" went the 6.3-amp fuse on the "Standby-Power-Board"????I tried it wasting 3 fuses then gave up.
I plulled the "black-cap" off of the Relay to see if it were making contact after being Plugged-In to the AC.The 6.3-amp fuse "HELD" each time after that,UNTIL I "Closed" the points on the Relay and it "Popped" the fuse each time when I tried to close the Points???
It would appreciated greatly any help/advice or suggestions on my perplexing problem????

Good Luck & Good Music...

oldave
Mark D. Zacharias

You have a blown amplifier channel. A couple output transistors shorted, and
very possibly some other small parts bad. If it's not worth spending up to
perhaps 150.00 or so to fix you may just want to replace it with a newer
model. Probably not really a do-it-yourself job for most, unless you have
some experience with voltmeters, ohmmeters, etc, have access to original
type parts, can do the necessary soldering, etc.

Mark Z.

news

--
oldave