Mark D. Zacharias

You have a blown amplifier channel. A couple output transistors shorted, and
very possibly some other small parts bad. If it's not worth spending up to
perhaps 150.00 or so to fix you may just want to replace it with a newer
model. Probably not really a do-it-yourself job for most, unless you have
some experience with voltmeters, ohmmeters, etc, have access to original
type parts, can do the necessary soldering, etc.

Mark Z.

"oldave" wrote in message
news

I have gone through so many "threads" and discussion forums to try to
find a schematic for the Sony STR DE535???
My problem is I was Playing my Sony Stereo,and switched to CD Mode,and
it DID play for about 2-Seconds and went completely "Dead"*except a
couple of "Panel" lights,BUT NO "Display Screen" lite up???I opened it
up to find it had "Blown" (2)both 8-amp fuses on the power supply
board.I replaced these fuses, then JUST PLUGGED-IN THE AC Cord into the
wall & "POP" went the 6.3-amp fuse on the "Standby-Power-Board"????I
tried it wasting 3 fuses then gave up.
I plulled the "black-cap" off of the Relay to see if it were making
contact after being Plugged-In to the AC.The 6.3-amp fuse "HELD" each
time after that,UNTIL I "Closed" the points on the Relay and it
"Popped" the fuse each time when I tried to close the Points???
It would appreciated greatly any help/advice or suggestions on my
perplexing problem????

Good Luck & Good Music...

oldave

--