Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Chris F.

Default Desoldering Stations

Can anyone recommend a good used desoldering station? I've been looking
around on places like Ebay, and it seems even used ones can be pretty
expensive. Weller, Pace, and Hakko seem to be the predominant brand names.
I basically need something for general electronics - TV's, VCRs, etc.
Something that can easily desolder a 64-pin IC, for example. I've been using
a desoldering wick for years, it works but the stuff is rather expensive
(and hard on the fingertips sometimes). I don't do any surface-mount work so
I wouldn't need anything for that.
Thanks for any advice.