James T. White

"M.Joshi" wrote in message

I don't know if this question is relevant here but is a de-solder wick
better and easier to use than a de-solder pump? I haven't had much
luck using a de-solder wick. They seem to just get clogged and you end
up putting the solder back on the connection instead of removing it.

Am I not using it correctly?

You might find that adding some solder flux makes the wick pull the solder off
the connection much better. When the end of the braid gets tinned with solder,
it's time to cut it off and start with clean wick end and more flux. Going
through lots of solder wick is a down side of this method.

--
James T. White