Asimov

Default Mitsubishi VS4507R Crppy Picture - 123_2391.JPG (0/1) - 123_2391.JP

" bravely wrote to "All" (20 Feb 05 04:34:33)
--- on the heady topic of " Mitsubishi VS4507R Crppy Picture - 123_2391.JPG
(0/1) - 123_2391.JP"

do From:
do Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:10961

do =ybegin line=128 size=60684 name=123_2391.JPG

Dopeeye?! You're a complete twit! It's your posting that gave me a
crappy picture! How do you suppose an UNencoded jpg is going to get
through on an ASCII TEXT ONLY usergroup?! Huh? Huh? Huh!

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Sattinger's Law: It works better if you plug it in.

Well well well
I guess I am a NOOB at this...
O well !
Thanks for caring enough though to post a reply, I though nobody
cares.

Here is a link to the pic

http://members.fortunecity.com/dopeeye/pics/TV1.JPG

Credo elvem etiam vivere

On Sunday, 20 Feb 2005 10:19:54 -500, "Asimov"
wrote:

" bravely wrote to "All" (20 Feb 05 04:34:33)
--- on the heady topic of " Mitsubishi VS4507R Crppy Picture - 123_2391.JPG
(0/1) - 123_2391.JP"

do From:
do Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:10961

do =ybegin line=128 size=60684 name=123_2391.JPG

Dopeeye?! You're a complete twit! It's your posting that gave me a
crappy picture! How do you suppose an UNencoded jpg is going to get
through on an ASCII TEXT ONLY usergroup?! Huh? Huh? Huh!

A*s*i*m*o*v

... Sattinger's Law: It works better if you plug it in.

Leonard Caillouet

It is not that no one cares, it is mostly that people ignore posts that are
likely to be a PITA to be helpful and where posters don't adequately explain
what is going on and the background info.

Your link does not work. Regardless, this is a V11 chassis. It is
well-known for its tendency to have lots of electrolytic capacitors that
leak electrolyte on all five major circuit boards and cause lots of strange
problems. If you plan to keep the set for any period of time, you might as
well go through it thoroughly and find all of the bad caps before other
problems and more corrosion occur. Expect to find over 100 bad caps. There
are details on this in archives for this group if you search for V11,
VS4507, Mitsubishi capacitors, etc.

For several years, our policy has been not to work on troubleshooting any
problem on V10, V11, or V12 chassis sets until all of the leaky caps and
damage to the boards is corrected. If you don't you will be wasting your
time. Mitsubishi had some bad batches of caps during that time from
Nichicon and other capacitor manufacturers and they have been failing
reliably in recent years.

Leonard

wrote:

" bravely wrote to "All" (20 Feb 05 04:34:33)
--- on the heady topic of " Mitsubishi VS4507R Crppy Picture -

123_2391.JPG
(0/1) - 123_2391.JP"

do From:
do Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:10961

do =ybegin line=128 size=60684 name=123_2391.JPG

Dopeeye?! You're a complete twit! It's your posting that gave me a
crappy picture! How do you suppose an UNencoded jpg is going to get
through on an ASCII TEXT ONLY usergroup?! Huh? Huh? Huh!

A*s*i*m*o*v

... Sattinger's Law: It works better if you plug it in.

http://members.fortunecity.com/dopeeye/pics/pic.htm

Capacitors are the problem. Maybe 50 to 100 of them.

You search in this newsgroup in google groups.