JAT

Default Herringbone distortion on screen

Just an up-date Barney. I checked the back of the VCR but there is no
adjustment screw, just two scart sockets, two aerial sockets and a timer
reset, whatever that is. When I removed the aerial input lead during
playback the picture did improve. Anyway I disconnected the scart lead from
my DVD player and connected it to the VCR. Although this had no effect on
the herringbone pattern on the screen whilst in channel 0 the picture did
improve on playback. I assume therefore that because there is only one scart
socket on the back of my TV I will need another scart lead and a switchable
selector. I have seen a scart auto selector for £25. I assume this type
would be a better idea as it would remove the need for manual switching?

Alex

Barney

"JAT" wrote in message
Just an up-date Barney. I checked the back of the VCR but there is no
adjustment screw, just two scart sockets, two aerial sockets and a timer
reset, whatever that is. When I removed the aerial input lead during
playback the picture did improve. Anyway I disconnected the scart lead

from
my DVD player and connected it to the VCR. Although this had no effect on
the herringbone pattern on the screen whilst in channel 0 the picture did
improve on playback. I assume therefore that because there is only one

scart
socket on the back of my TV I will need another scart lead and a

switchable
selector. I have seen a scart auto selector for £25. I assume this type
would be a better idea as it would remove the need for manual switching?

Alex

As Graham said the screw adjustment has been replaced by a digital
adjustment which is done via the VCR setup - you will have to consult the
VCR's manual for this. I presume the two scart sockets on the VCR means one
is input and one is output. The scart from the DVD player goes into the
input socket and then you just ned one lead out to the TV for both the DVD
and the VCR. If you use a scart input the patterning should disappear
because the RF input is not being used.
I hope this is of some help.

JAT

Thanks a lot for all the advice. It seems to be working fine now through the
scart. You have already answered my other question regarding whether I could
connect through the VCR rather than a selector box, so I will get another
scart cable tomorrow. Thanks again guys.

Alex