stralis440

Default daewoo TV overscan problem

Went to a mates house the other day and noticed his TV was suffering
the worst overscan I`ve ever seen. He says it`s always been like it
and thought it was the norm!! Picture on TV is very good and he`s
reluctant to spend on a new one (wifey putting foot down I reckon).
Anyway, Model is Daewoo 3210egb. I think it`s a bit of an oddball
model as I can`t find any listings anywhere for the service menu.
Hoping someone here can help me out so I can tweek it for him. I`ve
done it before on other tv`s succesfully.

How old? Daewoo didn't start using service menu's until after 2001 or
2002.
They are so cheaply designed, they still pretty much use internal pots
for the one or two adjustments they provide. Odds are very slim that
there is a horizontal size adjustment on it.

Art

Probably a power supply related problem, or HV regulation, unless the pix is
bowed in towards the centre from the sides, then it would be pin-cushion
related. Try the set on a Variac and lower the input AC, see if the raster
is stretched both directions (Vert and Horiz) or just Horiz. Then go from
there.
"stralis440" wrote in message
On 19 Feb 2005 18:47:23 -0800, wrote:

How old? Daewoo didn't start using service menu's until after 2001 or
2002.
They are so cheaply designed, they still pretty much use internal pots
for the one or two adjustments they provide. Odds are very slim that
there is a horizontal size adjustment on it.

It`s around 18 months old. He says it`s out of warranty so it`s over a
year old, but I know it`s less than 2 years old as he didn`t have it
when I fitted his satellite about 2 years ago.