hemyd

Default Mobile Phone Antenna Amplifier

We have a property out in the country. Occasionally, depending exactly where
we are, we might get one bar of range, both on the mobile alone, and via the
car kit. Is there any way of setting up a static antenna with a powered
amplifier which will boost the reception/transmission? Are any such
amplifiers available?

Henry.

Travis Jordan

hemyd wrote:
We have a property out in the country. Occasionally, depending
exactly where we are, we might get one bar of range, both on the

Use a patch cable and an external antenna - you probably don't need the
power amplifier (which is probably illegal in Australia anyway)

http://www.cellink.com.au/products/p...oducts_id=2765

Also consider using the 'Dock-n-Talk' for a landline replacement.
http://www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp

Travis Jordan

Travis Jordan wrote:
Use a patch cable and an external antenna - you probably don't need

the power amplifier (which is probably illegal in Australia anyway)

Fixed antennas for the 900 Mhz (CDMA or GSM) band:
http://www.powertec.com.au/index.php/page/antenna

Bill Jeffrey

I have a friend in a similar situation in Colorado. He is very pleased
with his SmoothTalker. Note that bi-directional amplification is important.

http://www.smoothtalker.com

Bill
-------------------------

hemyd wrote:

We have a property out in the country. Occasionally, depending exactly where
we are, we might get one bar of range, both on the mobile alone, and via the
car kit. Is there any way of setting up a static antenna with a powered
amplifier which will boost the reception/transmission? Are any such
amplifiers available?

Henry.

Travis Jordan

Bill Jeffrey wrote:
I have a friend in a similar situation in Colorado. He is very

Colorado ain't Australia.
" SmoothTalker products for your market area and wireless phone
frequencies are in development but not yet available. Please check back
in Spring of 2005. We appreciate your interest and patience. "

hemyd

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
Bill Jeffrey wrote:
I have a friend in a similar situation in Colorado. He is very

Colorado ain't Australia.
" SmoothTalker products for your market area and wireless phone
frequencies are in development but not yet available. Please check back
in Spring of 2005. We appreciate your interest and patience. "

Hello Travis,

I really appreciate the good info you provided and the links. I will follow
up on this in the coming week. I don't think I need any huge level of boost.
Our block of land is situated at a reasonably high elevation, and often we
can get one or two bars on my Nokia 6310, in certain locations at different
times of night. If I could boost the gain by even 10%, that would be enough.

Thank you once again.

Henry.
Melbourne, Australia

Travis Jordan

hemyd wrote:
Thank you once again.

You're very welcome. Drop back in after you install the external
antenna and let us know how it works.

Love your country -- spent two months there some time back. Most of the
time on the Gold Coast. Made a brief stop in Melbourne on the way to
Tas, which was an otherworldly experience! We have big ferns here in
Florida, but they are nothing like the tree ferns of Tasmania.