Default NTSC in Europe

Hi ppls does anyone know if i can use my sony LCdrear proj tv in
germany where they predominantly use PAL SECAM I will be using satelite
tv there as well.

NSM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi ppls does anyone know if i can use my sony LCdrear proj tv in
germany where they predominantly use PAL SECAM I will be using satelite
tv there as well.

Move a US TV to Europe? Don't bother, won't work.

James Sweet

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi ppls does anyone know if i can use my sony LCdrear proj tv in
germany where they predominantly use PAL SECAM I will be using satelite
tv there as well.

While you could technically make it work with satelite, there's no point, it
would be cheaper to sell it and just buy a TV in Germany.

Franc Zabkar

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:08:17 +0000, Jorgen Lund-Nielsen
put finger to keyboard and
composed:

schrieb:

Hi ppls does anyone know if i can use my sony LCdrear proj tv in
germany where they predominantly use PAL SECAM I will be using satelite
tv there as well.

Most of the modern TV-Sets that could bought here in Europe
are multimode TV-Sets, they can used with nearly all PAL-Norms,
NTSC and SECAM as well. They automatically swiches to the right norm.

Jorgen

Has anyone encountered a multi-system TV that correctly identifies
PAL60 mode? My Sanyo CPP3250 detects 60Hz and switches to NTSC - it
doesn't look at the colour carrier frequency. I've had to modify the
jungle IC with a manual override switch.

- Franc Zabkar