Jag Man

Default Resurrecting a CyberPower 320SL

After several years of service the unit beeped, unnoticed by the user
until
it shut down her computer. Got a new one for her, but thought I could
use the old
one on my TV, since it was probably only the battery. Yes, I know, I'm
a cheapskate!
But the battery didn't bring it back. The power LED doesn't light up,
and there is no power
to the battery-supplied recepticals after being plugged for 24 hours.

I have no user's manual. There are two external buttons, one on the
end that is easily pushed
since it projects up to the surface. The other is a little tiny button
way down in a hole.
I've pressed both with no effect.

What am I missing?

TIA

Ed

Cyrus

It seems the unit is smoked , check breaker and if installed new battery and
charged for 24 Hours, then FET's are shorted.
For more info about troubleshooting please check this site.
http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/faq_sl.htm#q4

Best Wishes
Cyrus

Jag Man

Cyrus,

I've now found the user's manual online. Thanks.

I put the new battery on another charger for 24 hours, then
reinstalled it in the
320SL. Also found the red power button had fallen down into the case,
so I reinstalled it properly. It now emits 3 beeps when it is turned
on with the
power button, and when plugged into the wall outlet. Power LED still
not
lighting up, and no power to battery supplied recepticals.

Is the circuit breaker button supposed to be momentary contact? The
users manual
says it should be "in for normal operation" like it should stay in
when pressed,
and pop out when it trips. Doesn't act like that. It doesn't latch
when I press
it.

TIA

Ed