bigtom

Default still not sure where this goes

I replaced the belts on a Pioneer KE-8000 car stereo and the part
at the bottom of the photo(thin piece of stainless steel) fell out.
It doesn't appear to do anything but i would like to refit it.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

kip

Maybe its an insulating plate that goes over the
small PC board to protect from shorting.
It appears to be something along those lines.

kip

"bigtom" wrote in message
I replaced the belts on a Pioneer KE-8000 car stereo and the part
at the bottom of the photo(thin piece of stainless steel) fell out.
It doesn't appear to do anything but i would like to refit it.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

James Sweet

"bigtom" wrote in message
I replaced the belts on a Pioneer KE-8000 car stereo and the part
at the bottom of the photo(thin piece of stainless steel) fell out.
It doesn't appear to do anything but i would like to refit it.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

This is getting a bit old...

bigtom

I picked up one of these stereos today at an auto wrecker.
Chuck, you're absolutely right, this plate does nothing.
I did feel funny about leaving it out so i put it back in.
Thanks to everyone who helped.

Chuck wrote:
I used to do warranty work on this model. This part is totally
unnecessary and we used to leave it out after repairs. Chuck

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 03:23:26 +1100, bigtom wrote:

I replaced the belts on a Pioneer KE-8000 car stereo and the part
at the bottom of the photo(thin piece of stainless steel) fell out.
It doesn't appear to do anything but i would like to refit it.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW

William R. Walsh

Hi!

This is getting a bit old...

Only because you still haven't noticed that tiny metal piece at the bottom
of the picture yet. It is rather hard to notice it. I overlooked it a time
or two.

http://greyghost.dyndns.org/pioneertape.jpg

William