bigtom

I picked up one of these stereos today at an auto wrecker.
Chuck, you're absolutely right, this plate does nothing.
I did feel funny about leaving it out so i put it back in.
Thanks to everyone who helped.

Chuck wrote:
I used to do warranty work on this model. This part is totally
unnecessary and we used to leave it out after repairs. Chuck

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 03:23:26 +1100, bigtom wrote:

I replaced the belts on a Pioneer KE-8000 car stereo and the part
at the bottom of the photo(thin piece of stainless steel) fell out.
It doesn't appear to do anything but i would like to refit it.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...60167266AOYBuW