Default Panasonic Home Theater System sound keeps shutting off

I have a Panasonic SA-HT790V combination DVD/VCR/tuner/surround sound
with SB-WA312 "active subwoofer" unit. Recently the sound has begun to
shut off during relatively louder passages. It is necessary to either
plug in and remove headphones, or power-cycle the subwoofer unit, to
bring it back.

I suspect that the 5 channel amps are actually a part of this
"subwoofer" unit, as well. At first I wondered if overheating could be
the culprit, but now I suspect the low-frequency vibration from the
subwoofer is tripping something in the unit.

Is anyone aware of an issue such as this with Panasonic gear? Any
suggestions on where to poke and prod?

Thanks!

-Charles Green

charles:
As you are probably becoming aware, the "build" quality of these cheap
all-in-one combo units is genuine crap.... no matter what brand it is.
Look for cracked solder joints and faulty interconnects between circuit
boards.... and then consider getting real individual components. At
least with individual components your whole system won't be down as you
repair, replace or upgrade an individual item.
As is usually the case, you get about what you pay for.
electricitym
- - - - - - - -

wrote:
I have a Panasonic SA-HT790V combination DVD/VCR/tuner/surround sound
with SB-WA312 "active subwoofer" unit. Recently the sound has begun

shut off during relatively louder passages. It is necessary to

either
plug in and remove headphones, or power-cycle the subwoofer unit, to
bring it back.

I suspect that the 5 channel amps are actually a part of this
"subwoofer" unit, as well. At first I wondered if overheating could

be
the culprit, but now I suspect the low-frequency vibration from the
subwoofer is tripping something in the unit.

Is anyone aware of an issue such as this with Panasonic gear? Any
suggestions on where to poke and prod?

Thanks!

-Charles Green

Jerry G.

There may be a fault in the protection circuits, or in part of the output
stage. Sometimes the mounting screws that hold the output devices to their
heatsinks loosen a bit, thus causing the devices to overheat during high
output demand. Tightening the mounting screws may help, if this is the
particular situation. If not, the unit will have to be troubleshooted to
determine the exact cause.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Al" wrote in message
oups.com...
I also have the same problem and do not know how to fix this. This did
not happen for about 2 years but now this is a regular phenomena. I
have the HT900 model.

It is a crap and I can not watch any movie. Can someone help?