worldcitizen

I have a Panasonic SA-HT790V combination DVD/VCR/tuner/surround sound
with SB-WA312 "active subwoofer" unit. Recently the sound has begun

shut off during relatively louder passages. It is necessary to

either
plug in and remove headphones, or power-cycle the subwoofer unit, to
bring it back.

I suspect that the 5 channel amps are actually a part of this
"subwoofer" unit, as well. At first I wondered if overheating could

be
the culprit, but now I suspect the low-frequency vibration from the
subwoofer is tripping something in the unit.

Is anyone aware of an issue such as this with Panasonic gear? Any
suggestions on where to poke and prod?

Thanks!

-Charles Green

If I were you I'd check to see that the load on the output of your unit
is what it should be. It sounds like you may have put some speakers in
parallel or in some other way put too much load on your amp. Try
running your amp with just one left and one right speaker and see if
you still have the same problem. If the problem goes away then you
have a speaker load problem. It could be that your unit is doing
exactly what it should be doing in order to protect itself from too
much load. Good luck.