meirman

Default Technics turntable

I don't know if this is just the design, or if a repair is possible.

I recently received a Technics turntable, I think the model that made
them famous. The cartridge and needle are in the clear lucite lid of
the turntable, and they move horizontally (no azimuth? issues) as the
record is played.

It works well, except afaict, there is no way to put a new record on
and start playing anywhere other than the outermost part of the
record. I can't start playing in the middle.

Is this the way it was meant to work? Seems hard to believe.

Thanks.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.
Mark D. Zacharias

Every one I've ever seen had direction-arrow buttons that would move the
tonearm left or right to the desired portion of the record. Setting down
exactly where you wanted was still a problem.

Mark Z.