bdorset

Default Grease for Flyback Anode Cup?

Does any one know of a good Quality Non-Stick Grease suited for
sealing flyback anode cup?
Currently I am using RadioShack 64-2326 but find that it dries out
quickly on some sets.
_________________
Brian Dorset
Brian's Electronix Services
St Vincent. West Indies

Asimov

"bdorset" bravely wrote to "All" (19 Jan 05 03:46:22)
--- on the heady topic of "Grease for Flyback Anode Cup?"

bd From: "bdorset"
bd Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:7715

bd Does any one know of a good Quality Non-Stick Grease suited for
bd sealing flyback anode cup?
bd Currently I am using RadioShack 64-2326 but find that it dries out
bd quickly on some sets.

Brian, have you considered automotive sparkplug dielectric grease?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... You mean 15" sparks are SUPPOSED to come out of this thing?!?

CJT

Ross Herbert wrote:
On 19 Jan 2005 03:46:22 -0800, "bdorset" wrote:

Does any one know of a good Quality Non-Stick Grease suited for
sealing flyback anode cup?
Currently I am using RadioShack 64-2326 but find that it dries out
quickly on some sets.
_________________
Brian Dorset
Brian's Electronix Services
St Vincent. West Indies

It is generally a silicon grease such as

Would you like an extra "e" with that (as in "silicone")?

;-)

http://www.chemverse.com/elect26.htm (for example)

Just about any electronics parts place will stock it in one brand or
another.

James Sweet

"CJT" wrote in message
Ross Herbert wrote:
On 19 Jan 2005 03:46:22 -0800, "bdorset" wrote:

Does any one know of a good Quality Non-Stick Grease suited for
sealing flyback anode cup?
Currently I am using RadioShack 64-2326 but find that it dries out
quickly on some sets.
_________________
Brian Dorset
Brian's Electronix Services
St Vincent. West Indies

It is generally a silicon grease such as

Would you like an extra "e" with that (as in "silicone")?

;-)

http://www.chemverse.com/elect26.htm (for example)

Just about any electronics parts place will stock it in one brand or
another.

I get mine at autoparts stores, it's called dielectric grease, they have it
by the spark plug wires.

Eric

Goodness sake Brain,
just clean up the area up with lightly oiled rag, always works a treat for
me

Other dead beat tech's cover the area in grease of one type or another,
the EHT attracts dust, the whole area turns to **** a few years later,

Some people use METHS to clean the area, ^$$^&&% sake, just use a clean rag
with a light coating of light oil maybe from a spray can and as I say works
a treat.

oups.com...