Joe Plumber

Default MOS 6530 IC chip

I am not an electronics guy. I am a pinball guy. There were several models
of pinball machines that used a MOS 6530 IC chip. these chips are not made
anymore and cannot be found, i am told-

here is a link to the chip- http://home.hccnet.nl/g.baltissen/6530.htm

Does anyone know where there might be a stash of these chips as used in
Allied Leisure CPU boards?

Could anyone out there reproduce these chips or a suitable replacement?

Thanks!

joseph pond-

Detlef Conradin

I am not an electronics guy. I am a pinball guy. There were several models
of pinball machines that used a MOS 6530 IC chip. these chips are not made
anymore and cannot be found, i am told-

These chips contain mask programmed ROM. This means that you cannot buy
replacemnts chips at all. The good news I can tell you, is that it should
be possible to replace this chip using a regular EPROM in which you store
the rom data and a 6532 which is basically a 6530 without ROM.

Does anyone know where there might be a stash of these chips as used in
Allied Leisure CPU boards?

Maybe you should ask in rec.games.pinball.

Detlef