James Sweet

Default Acer 7299SL flyback

I've got an Acer 7299SL monitor which is arcing in the CRT socket. Pulled
the focus leads from the socket and they're over 20KV, HV at the CRT is
around 24KV which seems pretty normal. Flyback is arcing slightly internally
so obviously shot. Anyone have a good used one or know where I can get a
replacement for a reasonable price? HR Diemen has one but it's around $75,
roughly double what the monitor is worth.

Jerry G.

You should see if you can find a monitor of that model that is for scrap,
and the flyback is still good. You are very lucky to find a new replacement
flyback for that monitor in the first place!

--

Jerry G.
======

"James Sweet" wrote in message
I've got an Acer 7299SL monitor which is arcing in the CRT socket. Pulled
the focus leads from the socket and they're over 20KV, HV at the CRT is
around 24KV which seems pretty normal. Flyback is arcing slightly internally
so obviously shot. Anyone have a good used one or know where I can get a
replacement for a reasonable price? HR Diemen has one but it's around $75,
roughly double what the monitor is worth.

James Sweet

"Jerry G." wrote in message
You should see if you can find a monitor of that model that is for scrap,
and the flyback is still good. You are very lucky to find a new

replacement
flyback for that monitor in the first place!

Well yeah that's the idea, that's why I posted here in the first place.