Jerry G.

This is generaly from failing parts in the pin cushening amp section.
It is also possible that other parts are wearing out from age in the
power supply and the scan section.

This is not something you can fix yourself, unless you are skilled at
troubleshooting TV sets, and are equiped to do the service work.

I would suggest you give the set out for a proper estimate, so you can
make an intelligent decision to service the set or not. Using the set
like this may cause more damage.

Jerry G.
======

john

Fix your Date and Time

Jens Klostergaard Lyngsoe

Default Grundig XS70/S horizontal hold problem

Hello,
My Grundig XS70/S (CUC6360) suddenly shows a very narrow picture with
the left and right sides as arcs making the picture look like this: )(
with large black areas in each side.
I believe this problem in danish is refered to as "vandret billedhold",
directly translated it would be called something like "horizontal
picture hold".
How can I fix this?

Also, the Text TV and internal menu system of the tv is only sharp the
first 2 minutes after power on. It then becomes more and more shaky and
unclear, leaving it completely unreadable.
My only guess could be of dried out capacitors or creaping currents due
to dirt..
Please advise!

Kind Regards
Jens
Jens Klostergaard Lyngsoe
Home: +45 8665 8796
Work: +45 8750 4594
"Follow your heart and forget your brain"
(Lester Young)
Jens Klostergaard Lyngsoe

Thanks John!
It was set to -8, should be +1, I never noticed till now,
/Jens

john wrote:

Fix your Date and Time

Home: +45 8665 8796
Work: +45 8750 4594
Pligttroskab - bærer lønnen i sig selv, men den er beskeden
Hæderligheden - smuk, men mager
Retfærdigheden - stolt, men enøjet
Kærligheden - sød, men kostbar
Venskab & Kammeratskab - godt at tænke på, når man bliver gammel
Men det eneste der BETALER sig - det er forbrydelser!
(Jensen, kriminalassistent af 1. grad)
Jens Klostergaard Lyngsoe

Thanks Jerry,
Though I'm electronically educated, I'm definitely not a tv-repair man,
so I think I'll get a grip of myself, and try not to get in even more
trouble by trying to fix the problem myself.

Thanks for your fast advice

/Jens