Dugie

Default Phone a/c power source adapter

Hi,

I recently got an old Canadian NT Meridian M9009 + phone, which works fine as a phone (dials out and receives
calls). The other functions, like a number display, Hold, Save, Rls, and some way of saving phone numbers to
buttons marked 1 to 5, a volume control, aren't accessible because I don't have the AC adapter.

These are the specs on the back label of the phone:

Class 2 power source with input rates 120 Vac, 60 Hz, 10 W. AND Output rated 16 Vac, 250 mA

*Question: I have another adapter, will it work. It's listed below?

Class 2 Transformer, model no. DV-1611A, input 117 VAC, 60 Hz, 28 W. AND Output: 16 VAC, 1.1 A.

Assuming the plug's polarity is correct (and I'm not sure how to determine the polarity of the phone's AC input),
will this work?

I have an old adapter with a plug which fits, center polarity is +. I plan to cut this plug, and splice it to the
end of the AC adapter I mentioned above.

Thanks! If this isn't the correct newsgroup, are there suggestions for another?

Dugie

NSM

"Dugie" wrote in message
| Hi,

| These are the specs on the back label of the phone:
|
| Class 2 power source with input rates 120 Vac, 60 Hz, 10 W. AND Output
rated 16 Vac, 250 mA

| *Question: I have another adapter, will it work. It's listed below?
|
| Class 2 Transformer, model no. DV-1611A, input 117 VAC, 60 Hz, 28 W. AND
Output: 16 VAC, 1.1 A.

| Assuming the plug's polarity is correct (and I'm not sure how to determine
the polarity of the phone's AC input),
| will this work?

Should do. There is no polarity.

cmdrdata

Dugie, it should work and polarity is not an issue since it is low
voltage AC. Go ahead do it.
Also your adaptor has plenty of power so it should not be a problem.
The phone most likely has an internal DC regulator, so even if the AC
voltage is somewhat higher due to lower current loading, it will be ok.

Class 2 Transformer, model no. DV-1611A, input 117 VAC, 60 Hz, 28 W.

AND Output: 16 VAC, 1.1 A.

Assuming the plug's polarity is correct (and I'm not sure how to

determine the polarity of the phone's AC input),
will this work?

Dugie

Thanks to all for the advice. I acted on it, and the phone works well!

Dugie

"cmdrdata" wrote in message oups.com...
Dugie, it should work and polarity is not an issue since it is low
voltage AC. Go ahead do it.

ebay cell phone can't be activated BillKirch Electronics Repair 6 November 19th 04 02:23 PM
cordless phone power adapter, using one less then required. fox Electronics Repair 4 November 10th 04 03:16 AM
Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
Phone line run near power cable Dave Plowman UK diy 1 October 13th 03 10:59 AM