Pcaorwb

Default DIN cable

Hey Folks.

I got a Kenwood receiver that will operate two tape decks. However, Tape "B"
is DIN cable only. Is there such a cable that will go from DIN to four RCA
record/play male terminals?. I would like to use Tape B for a CD player/burner.
When I use Y-cables to share a Tape and CD unit, the volume is decreased
significantly. The amp does have enough power to drive them louder though.

I do have a "control center" from Rat Shack that will handle three decks, but I
don't wanna give it up. I could also go into the amp and hard-wire some cables
to that DIN connection.

Any suggestions wouldl be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

BobbyB
Tucson, Arisona.

NSM

"Pcaorwb" wrote in message
| Hey Folks.
|
| I got a Kenwood receiver that will operate two tape decks. However, Tape
"B"
| is DIN cable only. Is there such a cable that will go from DIN to four
RCA
| record/play male terminals?.

They used to be a bog standard item. Try R P Electronics in Burnaby BC.

NSM

"Pcaorwb" wrote in message
| Hey Folks.
|
| I got a Kenwood receiver that will operate two tape decks. However, Tape
"B"
| is DIN cable only. Is there such a cable that will go from DIN to four
RCA
| record/play male terminals?. I would like to use Tape B for a CD
player/burner.
| When I use Y-cables to share a Tape and CD unit, the volume is decreased
| significantly. The amp does have enough power to drive them louder though.
|
| I do have a "control center" from Rat Shack that will handle three decks,
but I
| don't wanna give it up. I could also go into the amp and hard-wire some
cables
| to that DIN connection.
|
| Any suggestions wouldl be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

http://www.rpelectronics.com/English...Items/SC10.asp

harrogate2

"NSM" wrote in message news:gTXCd.62$L_6.0@edtnps91...

"Pcaorwb" wrote in message
| Hey Folks.
|
| I got a Kenwood receiver that will operate two tape decks.

However, Tape
"B"
| is DIN cable only. Is there such a cable that will go from DIN to

four
RCA
| record/play male terminals?. I would like to use Tape B for a CD
player/burner.
| When I use Y-cables to share a Tape and CD unit, the volume is

decreased
| significantly. The amp does have enough power to drive them louder

though.

| I do have a "control center" from Rat Shack that will handle three

decks,
but I
| don't wanna give it up. I could also go into the amp and hard-wire

some
cables
| to that DIN connection.
|
| Any suggestions wouldl be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

http://www.rpelectronics.com/English...Items/SC10.asp

Beware, if you are using output on a DIN to feed a phono input (like
tape out to amp in) levels should be OK - all around 100mV.

However if the DIN plug is to the correct levels for DIN standard on
its input, it will be expecting around 1mV of signal, where your amp
will be supplying around 100-150mV, so it will need attenuation.

--
Woody

harrogate2 at ntlworld dot com