Rick

Default dc motor speed control

I have a dremel scroll saw with a dc motor and a broken speed control. I
assume it is some kind of pot. There are 3 wires going to the terminals on
the pot. If i connect all 3 the motor sometimes makes 1/2 turn but usually
just hums. I traced the 3 wires back to a connector on the pcb power supply
board. Do I need a minimum resistance to make this work. I'd be happy to
just bypass the switch and run at full speed.

Thanks

Kim Sleep

From my past experience with Dremel repairs, they are quite helpful with
replacement parts, and their parts are also quite inexpensive. A controller
pot from them wont be much more expensive than a aftermarket pot.

--
Kim..."A Man Of True Frankenstinean Proportions"
"Rick" wrote in message
I have a dremel scroll saw with a dc motor and a broken speed control. I
assume it is some kind of pot. There are 3 wires going to the terminals on
the pot. If i connect all 3 the motor sometimes makes 1/2 turn but usually
just hums. I traced the 3 wires back to a connector on the pcb power
supply
board. Do I need a minimum resistance to make this work. I'd be happy to
just bypass the switch and run at full speed.

Thanks

Jerry G.

You most go to the origional manufacture for the parts. It is most
likely not a simple pot. It is also possible that the motor may have a
fault as well.

Jerry G.
=======