Default Pots for consumer gear

I have a guitar amplifier under repair, needing several pots that are
printed circuit mounted -- 15 mm diameter with 3/8 bushing and toothed
shaft. Are there any good sources of replacement parts for this sort of
thing? Clearly, the exact fit is important. Neither Digi-Key nor Mouser
have these.

Going to the manufacturer for these parts is hopefully a last resort,
as I would expect to pay a lot.

Tweetldee

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a guitar amplifier under repair, needing several pots that are
printed circuit mounted -- 15 mm diameter with 3/8 bushing and toothed
shaft. Are there any good sources of replacement parts for this sort of
thing? Clearly, the exact fit is important. Neither Digi-Key nor Mouser
have these.

Going to the manufacturer for these parts is hopefully a last resort,
as I would expect to pay a lot.

There are a few internet vendors that cater to musical instrument repair.
A couple of the notable ones a
Antique Electronic Supply - http://www.tubesandmore.com/
Triode Electronics - http://store.yahoo.com/triodeel/index.html

Search through those sites and you may find exactly what you need. Also,
contacting the manufacturer may not be as painful as you think.

Cheers!!!
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in

Gallien-Krueger 250ML, the "shoe box" guitar amplifier.

I took a SWAG and ordered some pots from All Electronics. They seem to
be correct except for having a smaller bushing diameter -- with the
help of some washers I might be OK. At the very least, I can get the
pots replaced in order to find out if there is anything else wrong with
the amp!

Tom MacIntyre wrote:
Make and model of the amplifier would help...

Tom