Default Panasonic SVHS VCR Problem (AG-DS850)

Hi there all,
I just recently purchased an AG-DS850 from a government auction. When
I record with the unit, I get slightly wavy horizontal lines near the
bottom 3-4 viewable lines both through my connected TV, and via my
video capture card. Also, the entire image occasionally bounces
slightly -- like the TBC is having trouble locking onto the image.
I've performed a pair of 3-5 second video-tape based tape cleaning
(Radio Shack tape + solution). It doesn't appear to occur on playback
(brand new A Christmas Story VHS tape), but occurs on recording (brand
new Radio Shack SVHS tape)

Is there something I can look at to help diagnose the problem? Any
help would be appreciated.

Take care,
Phil Jensen