none

On 26 Dec 2004 20:38:22 -0800, wrote:

Hi there all,
I just recently purchased an AG-DS850 from a government auction. When
I record with the unit, I get slightly wavy horizontal lines near the
bottom 3-4 viewable lines both through my connected TV, and via my
video capture card. Also, the entire image occasionally bounces
slightly -- like the TBC is having trouble locking onto the image.
I've performed a pair of 3-5 second video-tape based tape cleaning
(Radio Shack tape + solution). It doesn't appear to occur on playback
(brand new A Christmas Story VHS tape), but occurs on recording (brand
new Radio Shack SVHS tape)

Is there something I can look at to help diagnose the problem? Any
help would be appreciated.

Take care,
Phil Jensen

Can't help you with that particular model but I have a AG-7400 SVHS
field recorder that is just as quirky.
Wont play back tapes recorded from another source properly(SVHS is
only in B&W) but will play back whatever it records properly.(Also
slight static in hifi audio when playing svhs tapes from another
source.)

Don't know where your located but down here in my area of the south
it's well nigh impossible to get a tech to even look at it, and I have
the service manual with all the post fix addendums.