Carl Farrington

Default Intermittant red screen with horizontal lines, Philips Blackline-S 28" widescreen.

Could anybody please give me a clue as to what might have gone wrong with my
mothers television?
I have taken a photo of the TV in it's worst state. The problem is
intermittant and comes and goes, it's like this perhaps 50% of the time, and
seems to show itself very much more when there is black on the screen, for
example on teletext or on an AV channel with no live source.

I realise it would be easier to see the problem on a black picture, but it's
as if the set actually exhibits the problem very much more so when trying to
display black.

My younger brother used to squirt a water spray thing at the Cockateils when
they were perched on the mirror above the television, so it's possible this
might be the cause.

I'd greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer, and apologise for the long
post!

Here's the image (only 98kb): http://www2.css-networks.com/tv.jpg

Jerry G.

This can be a component in the drive circuits to the red-gun in the CRT, or
the CRT itself has a short in it. You will have to take the set in for a
proper estimate to a service center that is able to service Philips sets.

I would not think that this is something you will be able to service
yourself.

--

Jerry G.
=====