BigTom

Default looking for bad joints

im just wondering what magnifying devices people are using to search for
bad solder joints and broken tracks.
i use a big magnifying glass but feel there must be something better.

Jerry G.

Get yourself a descent jeweller's loop. A 4X, 6X, and an 8X are descent
ranges to have. For overall inspections, I use a good magnifying glass.

--

Jerry G.
======

"BigTom" wrote in message ...
im just wondering what magnifying devices people are using to search for
bad solder joints and broken tracks.
i use a big magnifying glass but feel there must be something better.

NSM

"BigTom" wrote in message ...
| im just wondering what magnifying devices people are using to search for
| bad solder joints and broken tracks.
| i use a big magnifying glass but feel there must be something better.

Some also use various low ohms audio tracers which seem to work OK.

LASERandDVDfan

Get yourself a descent jeweller's loop. A 4X, 6X, and an 8X are descent
ranges to have. For overall inspections, I use a good magnifying glass.

Don't mean to barge, but it should be noted that sometimes you can have a cold
joint that is not visually apparent, particularly on JVC sets.

You also need to apply some intuition. For instance, cold solder joints are
likely to happen on parts that tend to heat up when working. - Reinhart