AshTray700

Default RCA F36669 TV What is Q14802

Can Anybody tell me what q14802 is responsible for in this set (it is on a
seperate board attached to a heat sink on the main board)

And the mystery chassis that is in this model of tv set is?

From the location number 4800 series, it is likely a pincushion related

part given Thomsons usual numbering.

David

AshTray700 wrote:
Can Anybody tell me what q14802 is responsible for in this set (it is

on a
seperate board attached to a heat sink on the main board)

AshTray700

i dont have the chassis with me just the smaller board , i will reply when
i get back to it

RonKZ650

Can Anybody tell me what q14802 is responsible for in this set (it is on a
seperate board attached to a heat sink on the main board)

It's one of the pincushion drivers. If bad it may cause width problems or
bowing in on the edges of the screen. Your chassis is a CTC203.
Art

Correct, the whole PCB is available as a replacment part but you must have
the complete Model Number including the XYL1 subscrip or the complete CTC
number. Also pay some attention to L14401?? in the Base circduit of the
Horiz output, also known to cause a lot of problems. The PCC boards have
been having problems with poor solder on the coils and active devices and
with caps around the small ic going leaky causing the thing to go nuts.
"RonKZ650" wrote in message
Can Anybody tell me what q14802 is responsible for in this set (it is on
seperate board attached to a heat sink on the main board)

It's one of the pincushion drivers. If bad it may cause width problems or
bowing in on the edges of the screen. Your chassis is a CTC203.

AshTray700

thanks q14802 was actually still good i think but i changed it anyways
because the bored was slightly darkened underneath it, but your right that
coil i think is l001 on the small pcb is my main problem as this set will
act irratically and i got it to power up by slightly tapping it, i am
going to change the el caps on that board to and hope the gremlin decides
to find a new home!

Art

Change the ceramic (little brown jobbies) around the small dip ic. Actually
have seen these cause dynamic problems, thermal or shock related. Thomson
has a bulletin out specific to them on that PCC board.
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...