Craig McLean

Default Vertical foldover problem in Sears brand TV.

Hello.

I have a Sears brand 27 inch television. Internally it is a JVC. The only
thing that looks like a part number on the main circuit board is
CKF1010-CU2-1.

Recently at the top of the screen I've started to see really bright lines
alternating with regular brightness lines. The bright lines still have some
picture in them but it appears to be flipped backwards. I believe this is
called vertical foldover. Am I correct on this?

Initially the problem only occured after turning the set on, they would
eventually disappear. However lately it has become really bad, starting
almost one third of the way down the screen, and never going away. Although
they do receed abit.

Does anybody know where I should look to start troubleshooting this problem?
I'm an electronics hobbyist. In the past I was able to repair a complete
vertical collapse problem on this set. It turned out to be a bad vertical
power amplifier (an LA7832). I'm thinking it might be a capacitor in the
vertical output circuit, but I'm not sure. How close should the values be
to the values on the capacitor itself.

I would appreciate whatever guidance you can offer me. Thank you.

Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 05:03:01 GMT, "Craig McLean"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

[...]

Yes, change the electrolytic caps in the vicinity of the vertical
output IC.

Here is a datasheet with application circuits:
http://www.steveselectronics.com/files/la7832.pdf

- Franc Zabkar

Bob

If this is a JVC 27 inch set look for and change C424 100mfd/35V and C425
470mfd/35V. they are near the Vertical IC.

--
Bob La Rocca