kiran katti

Default ray of light appears.......

Whenever I turn on my TV set it works well for about 10 to 15 min but
after that a thin ray of light appears at the center with a black
background. It stays there for about 1 min or so then disappears. This
intermittent appearance has caused lot of trouble while watching the
TV. What may be the prob. On some days I don't get the line at all.
Mine is 4 years old tv.
James Sweet

"kiran katti" wrote in message
om...
Whenever I turn on my TV set it works well for about 10 to 15 min but
after that a thin ray of light appears at the center with a black
background. It stays there for about 1 min or so then disappears. This
intermittent appearance has caused lot of trouble while watching the
TV. What may be the prob. On some days I don't get the line at all.
Mine is 4 years old tv.

You haven't provided any information needed for someone to help you out, you
need to specify the brand and model number of the TV. Best we can say
without that is look for cracked solder joints.

Art

Mr. Spock trying to communicate to you the need to post at least the make
and model of the unit to assure Scottie can diagnose your problem. Otherwise
you just have trebbles.
"kiran katti" wrote in message
om...
Whenever I turn on my TV set it works well for about 10 to 15 min but
after that a thin ray of light appears at the center with a black
background. It stays there for about 1 min or so then disappears. This
intermittent appearance has caused lot of trouble while watching the
TV. What may be the prob. On some days I don't get the line at all.
Mine is 4 years old tv.

Asimov

"James Sweet" bravely wrote to "All" (20 Dec 04 07:25:35)
--- on the heady topic of " ray of light appears......."

JS From: "James Sweet"

JS "kiran katti" wrote in message
JS om...
Whenever I turn on my TV set it works well for about 10 to 15 min but
after that a thin ray of light appears at the center with a black
background. It stays there for about 1 min or so then disappears. This
intermittent appearance has caused lot of trouble while watching the
TV. What may be the prob. On some days I don't get the line at all.
Mine is 4 years old tv.

JS You haven't provided any information needed for someone to help you
JS out, you need to specify the brand and model number of the TV. Best we
JS can say without that is look for cracked solder joints.

Might be the vertical pump-up cap with high ESR? I've seen something
like that once where the cap had been misoriented. It had worked okay
in reverse polarity for a long time but it finally opened.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Electrical Engineers do it push-pull.

NSM

"kiran katti" wrote in message
om...
| Whenever I turn on my TV set it works well for about 10 to 15 min but
| after that a thin ray of light appears at the center with a black
| background. It stays there for about 1 min or so then disappears. This
| intermittent appearance has caused lot of trouble while watching the
| TV. What may be the prob. On some days I don't get the line at all.
| Mine is 4 years old tv.

Is it only when Madonna is singing ... ?

Resolder the vertical IC and replace all caps relating to
this IC.

Jacques Carrier.