Captin Kirk

Default Where to get phasor service

My Phasor broke, when we went to Andromeda and I tried to use it to warm a
cup of coffee.

Anyway, when we got back to Earth, I coundn't find anyone who could even
figure out how to open it, probably since it was "made in Korea".

Does anyone know of any TV shop that also fixes Phasors ?

NSM

"Captin Kirk" wrote in message
| My Phasor broke, when we went to Andromeda and I tried to use it to warm a
| cup of coffee.
|
| Anyway, when we got back to Earth, I coundn't find anyone who could even
| figure out how to open it, probably since it was "made in Korea".
|
| Does anyone know of any TV shop that also fixes Phasors ?

Tab books has a manual on design and building of these.

"Electronic Gadgets for the Evil Genius" by Bob Iannini.

drwxr-xr-x

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:08:57 -0500, Captin Kirk wrote:

My Phasor broke,

So did your spell checker.

*plonk*
Graham

My Phasor broke, when we went to Andromeda and I tried to use it to warm a
cup of coffee.

Anyway, when we got back to Earth, I coundn't find anyone who could even
figure out how to open it, probably since it was "made in Korea".

Does anyone know of any TV shop that also fixes Phasors ?

If anyone seriously considering repairing Phasers they should consider
whether they are adequately equipped to undertake such a task.

The interior of such a weapon is more lethal than the flyback area of a TV
and almost as dangerous as poking around in a microwave oven.
See here for more information
http://snipurl.com/bgqd

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

NSM

"Graham" wrote in message

| My Phasor broke, when we went to Andromeda and I tried to use it to warm
| cup of coffee.
|
| Anyway, when we got back to Earth, I coundn't find anyone who could even
| figure out how to open it, probably since it was "made in Korea".
|
| Does anyone know of any TV shop that also fixes Phasors ?
|
| If anyone seriously considering repairing Phasers they should consider
| whether they are adequately equipped to undertake such a task.

Anyone who uses a Phaser to heat coffee is heading for a Darwin Prize (First
Class) anyway.

Sam Goldwasser

"Captin Kirk" writes:

My Phasor broke, when we went to Andromeda and I tried to use it to warm a
cup of coffee.

Anyway, when we got back to Earth, I coundn't find anyone who could even
figure out how to open it, probably since it was "made in Korea".

Does anyone know of any TV shop that also fixes Phasors ?

I've repaired them in the past. There's really no problem, it's all in
having the proper tools.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Asimov

"Captin Kirk" bravely wrote to "All" (18 Dec 04 17:08:57)
--- on the heady topic of "Where to get phasor service"

CK From: "Captin Kirk"

CK My Phasor broke, when we went to Andromeda and I tried to use it to
CK warm a cup of coffee.

CK Anyway, when we got back to Earth, I coundn't find anyone who could
CK even figure out how to open it, probably since it was "made in Korea".

CK Does anyone know of any TV shop that also fixes Phasors ?

Get in touch with Marvin the Martian. He's right up your alley.
Just remember to make a right at Albuquerque and ask for the
Daystrom Institute.

A*s*i*m*o*v

p.s. A word of advice: don't wear a red shirt. That little martian has
a bad temper and is space happy.

.... Where's the KABOOM, there was supposed to be an earth shattering KABOOM

Bill

On Sunday, 19 Dec 2004 00:24:18 -500, "Asimov"
wrote:

"Captin Kirk" bravely wrote to "All" (18 Dec 04 17:08:57)
--- on the heady topic of "Where to get phasor service"

CK From: "Captin Kirk"

CK My Phasor broke, when we went to Andromeda and I tried to use it to
CK warm a cup of coffee.

CK Anyway, when we got back to Earth, I coundn't find anyone who could
CK even figure out how to open it, probably since it was "made in Korea".

CK Does anyone know of any TV shop that also fixes Phasors ?

Get in touch with Marvin the Martian. He's right up your alley.
Just remember to make a right at Albuquerque and ask for the
Daystrom Institute.

Marv's an expert on Illudium Q38 Explosive Space Modulators. Although
the early ESM's were very similar to phasers, the technology in the
later models after the Q30's veered away quite dramatically. I would
leave the phaser repair up to Montgomery "The Miracle Worker" Scott or
if he's not available perhaps Mr. Spock could whip up something using
stone knives and bearskins.

"We come in peace...set phasers to 'kill' "
LASERandDVDfan

Take your phaser, turn the dial all the way up to OVERLOAD and just wait a
moment while holding it. - Reinhart