etcGroup

Default Philips Wide screen tv sound problems

I have a philips widescreen tc with virtual dolby (not sure on model)
recently the speakers seem to be vibrating the frame or something and
as such the sound is bad to listen too. Is there any quick fixes or
suggested solutions to stopping this. I will get more details on model
tonite.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Murbolt

I suppose it could be loose parts making the noise....Does it help pressing
or touching the tv? Or it could be bad caps in the audio amp....or a bad
ground connection....

Murbolt

"etcGroup" skrev i melding
ups.com...
I have a philips widescreen tc with virtual dolby (not sure on model)
recently the speakers seem to be vibrating the frame or something and
as such the sound is bad to listen too. Is there any quick fixes or
suggested solutions to stopping this. I will get more details on model
tonite.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Art

Been a common problem with the plastic cabinets in modern teles, sometimes
placing a bit of felt between the case halves when assembling them or
actually between the CRT and the front cabinet will mitigate the vibrations
being generated by the cabinet. Seen "Friction Tape" also used for the
identical symptom with moderately good results.
oups.com...

Murbolt wrote:
I suppose it could be loose parts making the noise....Does it help

pressing
or touching the tv? Or it could be bad caps in the audio amp....or a

bad
ground connection....

Murbolt

"etcGroup" skrev i melding
ups.com...
I have a philips widescreen tc with virtual dolby (not sure on

model)
recently the speakers seem to be vibrating the frame or something

and
as such the sound is bad to listen too. Is there any quick fixes

or
suggested solutions to stopping this. I will get more details on

model
tonite.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

etcGroup

Hi I checked the case it all seems attached and stable. I put bubble
wrap under the feet as it is currently on a conrete floor. still seems
bad. I narrowed it down to one speaker. Is it difficult to open te
front of the tv to do the felt stuff you mentioned?

thanks

Art wrote:
Been a common problem with the plastic cabinets in modern teles,

sometimes
placing a bit of felt between the case halves when assembling them or

actually between the CRT and the front cabinet will mitigate the

vibrations
being generated by the cabinet. Seen "Friction Tape" also used for

the
identical symptom with moderately good results.
oups.com...

Murbolt wrote:
[...]

Alain Beguin

etcGroup wrote in
. com, 14/12/2004, H.
Odile

Hi I checked the case it all seems attached and stable. I put bubble
wrap under the feet as it is currently on a conrete floor. still seems
bad. I narrowed it down to one speaker. Is it difficult to open te
front of the tv to do the felt stuff you mentioned?

Hello,

It's probably a bad speaker. I had to replce several the last months,
they had always, or sometimes, a slight distorded sound reproduction.

--
Alain Beguin - *MesNews* Translators Team (Dutch)
Newsreader: *MesNews* http://mesnews.net :-)