Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Da-man

Default Phillips

I was given a Phillips unit to look at, and wanting to have some service
info - I wrote to the Phillips company from their website. No reply. I was
explicit on the model. While I probably could repair it without info, I
prefer to have the info.

Has anyone else had luck in contacting them?

This isn't the first time I've had trouble contacting any manufacturer. I
think it is pretty low of them to not even reply - even if no info is
available, once they've pocketed their profits. The last manufacturer, I
told off in a 3rd e-mail after the first two went unanswered - about the
same thing I just said - profits and no service. That got a response as to
how to proceed with service. Maybe we all ought to start showing our disgust
with these companies who run with the money.

I really must wonder why a company has a "contact us" button on their
website, when they know full well they'll never answer any e-mails. Yes,
they may get quite a few, but come - on..... What IS customer service
"supposed" to expect?
A day at the beach? Some companies who do care about customer service have
you fill out surveys as to how well they did. That gets to be a pain in the
ass too, but at least they show they care.

I'll post the model number later in the day - when I get a chance to look at
the unit (its not here in front of me), maybe someone has a lead on some
information I can make use of.

As a side note... I know Howard Sams is still in business, but how are they
doing with more recent TVs, Stereos, or whatever they're covering? Just what
ARE they covering now days? OR just selling copies of info from days gone
by?

DM