Default CTC169JS6 (RCA problem)

I posted earlier that this tv given by my parents to me has always cut
out and made a loud screetching on channels 2 and 4 over the air
channels. They are the weakest channels I cna get in my areas. I can
temporarily fix this by wiggeling the coax on back of the set.
SOmetimes flipping the channels temporarily fixes it.

What is the problem and how can I diagnose it? It is something in the
coax jack?

I have read about the tuner problem but it seems it is not typically on
my model but I dont know for sure. The rest of my pictures channels and
satelite and vcr are fine and never do this?

If it is a tuner problem, can I just buy a new tuner to put in? Is this
difficult to replace? I am very mechanically inclined, dont know if
this would help in this case though. This is my main living room tv for
my family.

john

Read other Posts from the Guys.

kip