Sidney

Default Sony 3 disc CD mini stereo model:HCD-RXD3

Sony 3 disc CD mini stereo model:HCD-RXD3.Both tape decks have
erractic operation meaning no play,rew,ff.Something is wrong in the
mechanics because when ever a function button is pressed you get a
clicking noise for few seconds of each press,the belts are fine.
Thanks in advance for replies.

Sidney

Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/May02/May18.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyAudMod.html
http://www.newark.com/product-detail...ge/32-9495.jpg
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct028.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct029.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct04/Oct041.html

Richard

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message ...
Still sounds like belt(s) to me. Belt tension is critical on these.

Mark Z.

I agree with Mark I just worked on one of these. The client wasn't
concerned about the tape decks but the CD changer was having trouble
changing. The drive belt was glazed over. A tiny bit of Goof Off
rubbed on the belt corrected the problem. (picked that up on another
forum) or buy some belt renewer.

Richard
Mark D. Zacharias

"Richard" wrote in message
om...
"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
Still sounds like belt(s) to me. Belt tension is critical on these.

Mark Z.

I agree with Mark I just worked on one of these. The client wasn't
concerned about the tape decks but the CD changer was having trouble
changing. The drive belt was glazed over. A tiny bit of Goof Off
rubbed on the belt corrected the problem. (picked that up on another
forum) or buy some belt renewer.

Richard

I would actually replace the belt.

mz